Cybersmart – Online Dangers

We learnt the online dangers.

First we got into groups and wrote down the online dangers about 7 topics. We wrote down that you might send someone your address or private information. We matched the texts with the topics. For example: bullying (cyber bullying) is calling people trash or you are ugly.

Next we thought about the online dangers. The 7 topics were scams, bullying (cyber bullying), phishing, posting private information, malware download, predators (cyber predators), and regretful posting.

Lastly we wrote about the things that you have to do if that happens to you. For example: if a person click baits you and says you won lots of money and it is a scam. You have to ignore it. If a malware download happens you have to find a virus tracker and delete it for you. If a person is trying to scam you, you can ignore them or tell your parents. If a bully is being mean, you can tell the teacher or your parents.

I enjoyed this task because I never knew that the online dangers will damage your pc or chromebook. I did well on writing down what happens if it happens. I need to improve on matching the topics with the text.