SLJ – Te Reo Maori Memes

This summer learning jounery task was about making a Te Reo Maori Memes. For this task we had to make a meme in Te Reo Maori. My meme in english is ‘POV: me fake laughing to a non funny joke’. In Maori, the meme is ‘POV: ka kata rūpahu ahau ki te katakata kore’. This task was hard because I didn’t know any Maori, so I used translation.

I enjoyed this task because this task required a english and Maori version.

One thought on “SLJ – Te Reo Maori Memes

1. Kia ora Matheus,

Miss Pryde here. It is so awesome to see you getting involved in the Summer Learning Journey. Keep up the regular posting.

I thought your meme was funny. We have all had to laugh at a joke we didn’t think was funny. I think the term for that is dad joke right? Do you know any funny jokes? I’ve got one. What do you call two guys who love math? Algebros!

What a great blog post. You have really thought about the layout and made it easy for your readers to read and follow your work. The title is large and clear and immediately I knew what I was looking at. You have included a description that informs people of your task and explains how you managed to translate your work from English into Māori which is informative. Just remember to include questions in your description, this might help people engage with your mahi better.

Keep up all the hard work Matheus, look forward to seeing what other awesome mahi you get up to.
    Miss Pryde