Inchcape Rock

LI: To find and summarise the story behind the poem.

No stir in the air, no stir in the sea. The sound of the shock waves flew over Inchcape Rock. Abbot of Aberbrothock that placed the bell of Inchcape Rock. The surge’s of swell the warning bell, the perilous rock blest Abbot Aberbrothock. The sun was shining gay, all things were a joyance day. The inchcape bell was seen to be a dark pixel. Sir Ralph was cheering Spring, his whistle made him sing. Sir Ralph told his men “row me to Inchcape Bell.” Sir Ralph sourced  the sea for many days and plunder’d. They couldn’t see the sky , and the hath died away. The Rover makes his stand for the land is dark. Near the shore they hoped, to hear the Inchcape Bell. No sound heard as the wind blew from every side. The waves were rushing from every side to the boat. The sound was dreadful of the devil ringing his knell.

Our challenge was to unpack the story behind the 17 verses of the poem Inchcape Rock by Robert Southy. The part I found interesting was reading the poem because I loved the rhymes to the poem.

I found this activity interesting because I loved the rhymes in the poem and the 10 word summarys for our summary.